The mesquite tree is mostly located in the US and Northern Mexico. Mesquite wood is used for smoky flavoring in grilled meats. The mesquite tree is a lusty tree. Mesquite tree used for making – mesquite seasoning, mesquite seasoning chicken recipe, furniture, best firewood (burns hot like oak), etc. Mesquite beans look like bean-shaped pods and with the help of mesquite bean pods, w can make smoothies, bread, and pancakes.
Types Of Mesquite
There are several types of mesquite trees, And here I shared three types of Mesquite.
- Honey mesquite,
- Screwbean mesquite
- Velvet mesquite.
Honey mesquite tree flowers, fragment like honey, that’s why they get their name honey mesquite. Its found in southwestern deserts.
The screwbean mesquite has pods like a screw.
The velvet mesquite gets its name from the velvet touch, when you will touch their leaflet you will feel to touch like velvet.
Mesquite Seasoning Recipe – 5 Min recipe
Do you love mesquite smoky flavor? If you don’t have mesquite wood for grill meats or veggies, You just need only mesquite seasoning for your perfect mesquite taste. When you are missing mesquite flavoring in your bbq you can add this spicy mesquite seasoning to complete your taste. Don’t compromise with your taste, you can make easy mesquite seasoning at home with these easy steps of mesquite seasoning recipes. Follow my simple steps and make perfect mesquite seasoning-
container( for store).
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar,
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle powder
- ½ Tablespoon mesquite powder
Recipe of Mesquite Seasoning-
- Now, Start making spicy mesquite seasoning, Take a Medium size bowl and add put all the ingredients, Mix well.
- Mesquite Seasoning is ready, shift the seasoning into a container, make sure the container/jar is tightly closed. After using this seasoning you should store it in a sealed container.
You can store this homemade seasoning for 1-2 months. You can use it immediately while eating grilled meats or something else, it will be the tastier and better flavoring in your food.
Mesquite seasoning chicken recipe
Are you ready to cook the mesquite seasoning chicken recipe? First, assemble all the below ingredients after that we will start to cook. I have shared below step-by-step recipe, I am so excited about it, Let’s start.
Prep and cook time: 35-45 Min.
- 2 tablespoon Mesquite seasoning,
- 1 lemon,
- ¼ cup vegetable oil,
- 2 green onions (you can add more onions)
- 2 russet potatoes,
- Oz. Cremini Mushrooms
- ½ tsp salt( according to your taste)
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs chicken breast(boneless) and chicken thighs.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl, and mix well without chicken pieces. (don’t add chicken)
- Transfer this marinade mesquite content into a ziplock bag and add also chicken pieces, seal the chain/lock and shake it.
- Now, take it on rest food minimum 30min and maximum 1 day.
- After that, it is ready to grill, and cook.
- We would love to grill this marinade chicken because grill chicken gives perfect smoky flavor.
- Grill/bake 30 – 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve the grilled chicken with chili sauce cooked tomato, lettuce, bacon, and ranch dressing. For garnishing, put on the top chopped onions, cheddar, etc.
Benefits Of Mesquite
- Mesquite wood is very hardy, This tree wooden is good for making furniture and also tools handle.
- It’s a good shade source for animals and also animals eat the fruit.
- Mesquite flowers help to produce honey.
- Their been pods can convert into the floor and we can use them for baking.
- During winters, their woods help to provide us slowly great heat.
- In the winter months, coyotes can survive eating mesquite pods.
- In the southwest, mesquite woods are used for barbecue, because it helps to provide great flavor in foods.
Uses Of Mesquite
Health Impacts Of Mesquite Tree
Their protein and nutrition level is high, mesquite rich in zinc, iron, lysine, manganese, and potassium. Studies have proven that diets rich in potassium, a critical mineral, and electrolyte, can assist to prevent stroke and excessive blood pressure, and growth bone mineral density.