Looking for a unique pasta salad with bold flavors?! Here it is! Tex-Mex Pasta Salad Recipe. It contains Mexican inspired ingredients: avocado, sour cream, salsa, and corn. This recipe is perfect for workday lunches, brunches, or an upcoming Superbowl party!
This recipe has a lot of upsides: it’s healthy, low calorie, and vegetarian. This pasta salad recipe contains 1860 calories and yields 4 to 6 servings. An individual serving has between 310 and 465 calories. Plus, did I mention it’s delicious? It’s delicious! Most pasta salad contains little flavor and is rather underwhelming. Not this one. It’s full of flavor, meaning you’ll want second helpings.
Homemade Tex-Mex Pasta Salad Recipe
Moving from Texas to the Midwest was a big shock. One of the things I missed most when I first arrived was quality Tex-Mex. Luckily, I’ve learned how to make Tex-Mex at home. Also, I’ve learned how to incorporate Tex-Mex flavors into traditional dishes. If you have any questions or feedback, leave me a comment. Also, follow me on Twitter and Pinterest if you haven’t already done so. Enjoy!
- 12 oz. package garden rotini pasta noodles
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup hot salsa
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 tsp. Must-Have Taco Seasoning or quality taco seasoning
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook rotini until al dente (approx. 10 minutes). Drain noodles and place noodles in a large bowl. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Toss onion, tomato, bell pepper, corn, and avocado with rotini.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Mix with rotini. Serve chilled. Yields 4 to 6 servings.
You can use some garnish on top to make the presentation more delicious. How much you like this recipe tell me in this comment.