7 Super Foods For The Skin You Must Include In Your Diet
As we all know foods are essential for glowing skin. So, you should know the foods that you should include in your regular diet. Here we guide you to have 7 super foods for glowing skin you must include in your diet.
- Apart from topical skincare, nutrition is an essential factor when it comes to the health of your skin.
- Nutrients like Vitamin A, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Vitamin C, and Zinc may all contribute in different ways to your skin health.
- When consuming skin-friendly foods, you can protect your skin against free radical damage caused by aging, stress, and pollution.
- A skin-friendly diet can also hydrate and strengthen your skin, boost collagen production and reduce wrinkles.
- Hence, consuming a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, nuts, and dark chocolate can help you provide these essential benefits to your skin.
- So, include these top foods for healthy skin in your diet and pair them with effective topical skincare products for glowing and youthful skin.
Introduction – How Does Your Diet Impact Your Skin?
Our skin is the largest organ in our bodies. So, just like we need a nutritious diet for the healthy functioning of our internal organs, we also need a healthy diet to take care of our skin. Topical skincare products like creams and serums often contain ingredients they label as skin foods. It indicates that our skin needs nutrients, which are unsurprisingly present in various foods.
Some of the top nutrients needed for healthy skin are vitamins A, B complex, C, D, and E, omega-3 fatty acids, and minerals like zinc and copper. Most of these nutrients are present in various foods that you can include in a skin-friendly diet. These are the essential health benefits you will get by including in your food.
7 Miraculous Foods For Healthy And Glowing Skin
- Tomatoes – According to studies, tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a potent antioxidant. This ingredient fights free radical damage caused by sunlight, pollution, and stress. Hence, it can help to keep your skin clear and radiant. Furthermore, consuming tomatoes may also help with collagen synthesis in the body, resulting in supple and elastic skin. Hence, add tomatoes to your everyday diet for that youthful glow!
- Walnuts – Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids that strengthen and soften the skin. Plus, these fatty acids fight against inflammation, curbing the effects of stress and aging. While fatty fish is considered an excellent source of Omega 3, walnuts are a great vegan-friendly option. Moreover, walnuts also contain zinc, which helps to strengthen the skin barrier, preventing infections and inflammation. So, include walnuts into your daily routine to practice mindfulness for healthy skin.
- Avocados – Avocados are rich in healthy fats and antioxidants. Hence, they can contribute to your skincare routine by softening your skin and fighting free radical damage. You can use an avocado face pack to moisturize your skin from the outside or add it to your salads, dips, and smoothies to nourish your skin from within.
- Carrots – Studies indicate that we require vitamin A for skin regeneration, and the same can be obtained through beta-carotene in plant foods. Carrots are an excellent source of beta-carotene and therefore offer many anti-aging benefits. Consuming carrots every day may help reduce wrinkles and fine lines and even out your skin tone. Hence, this is an excellent food to include in a skin-friendly diet.
- Dark Chocolate – Mindfulness for healthy skin doesn’t mean you cannot consume indulgent foods. Dark chocolate is a decadent food item rich in antioxidants beneficial for the skin. Dark chocolate contains antioxidants that can protect your skin against sun damage and hyperpigmentation. It may also hydrate and strengthen your skin. Choose sugar-free dark chocolate to get maximum skin benefits from this ingredient.
- Strawberries – Strawberries are rich in alpha-hydroxy acids or AHAs, which gently exfoliate the skin. They also contain vitamin C, an excellent antioxidant that boosts collagen production. These are the kind of ingredients that you would find in topical products from top brands like Dime Beauty. So, add this fruit to your diet to avail of its benefits internally as well.
- Sweet Potatoes – Just like carrots, sweet potatoes are also rich in beta-carotene. They can boost cell regeneration, preventing wrinkles, dry skin, and dullness. Hence, they can be a valuable addition to your anti-aging skincare routine. You can roast and mash them for a tasty treat, or you can add them to your soups and salads!
How To Pair Topical Skincare With A Skin-Friendly Diet?
Skin-friendly foods supply the body with essential nutrients for the cellular upkeep of the skin. These foods help the body generate collagen and fight free radical damage that causes skin aging. Hence, they help regulate various internal processes that help with radiant and youthful skin.
On the other hand, topical skincare products like serums, lotions, and creams work on the upper layers of the skin. These products can hydrate the skin, strengthen the skin barrier and protect the skin against free radical damage. Hence, a well-rounded skincare regimen must include both topical products and skin-friendly foods.
Dime Beauty is a brand that you can consider for your topical skincare. It offers products with clean and organic ingredients, including anti-aging and brightening serums and repairing creams. The key ingredients in these products are Orobanche Rapum Extract for faster skin renewal, Bakuchiol to boost collagen and reduce wrinkles, and hyaluronic acid and aloe to hydrate the skin. Hence, the brand offers some promising ingredients to tackle dryness, dullness, and signs of aging. You can try it out if you are looking for topical skincare products for your regimen.
A healthy diet is not just essential for keeping diseases at bay but also for radiant and youthful skin. Like the other organs in our body, our skin requires ample nutrients to maintain its regeneration processes. Hence, you must supply these nutrients to the skin, through topical products as well as the foods you consume.
Some of the best nutrients for optimal skin health include different vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, and minerals. Hence, consuming 3-5 portions of colorful fruits and vegetables daily is a great way to offer balanced nutrition to your skin. Additionally, nuts and avocado are excellent sources of healthy fats that will hydrate and strengthen your skin.
So, include these skin-loving foods in your diet to keep your skin healthy and glowing from within.