Get ready for a very special muffin: banana nut muffins with strawberry! To be totally honest, these exceeded my expectations. When I’m developing new recipes, sometimes they don’t turn out the way I envision and I have to try again, but these were a knockout on the first go! They’re wonderful. I love ’em and I know you’ll love ’em, too.
Banana and strawberries are a wonderful combination. While they’re used all the time in smoothies, we don’t see them all that often in other dishes. Why not use them in baked goods? I’ve baked several strawberries and banana nut bread and used my knowledge to create a combined muffin version. I kept walnuts in the recipe because I wanted them to have a little crunch. Hence, strawberry banana nut muffins were born!
You’re going to like these because they’re healthy, moist, dense, and have lots of character. The flavor is balanced: you can taste the banana, strawberries, and nuts. Also, they’re healthy- no butter or oil and made with applesauce, yogurt, and whole wheat flour. My favorite thing about them besides how tasty they are? The fact they’re unique. It’s great to bake something people get to try for the first time. Everyone likes variety and novel experiences, especially when it comes to food. For all these reasons, I know you’re going to like them.
Try also this: Angel Food Cupcakes
Get ready for your new favorite banana nut muffins recipe!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, pieces (or chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line muffin pan with liners or grease pans with cooking spray. Yields 15 muffins.
- In a medium bowl, combine whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla, and bananas. Stir in flour mixture until moistened. Fold in strawberries and walnuts.
- Scoop batter into muffin pan and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed. Let muffins cool entirely before removing from pan.
Try strawberry banana nut muffins at home and tell me something about this dish which you like the most. Comment!!!