Pizza is a universally recognized treat for all food lovers in the world. It is one of the best ways to savor your cravings when hungry. People are fond of eating Pizza, but not everyone gets the chance to bake one. Do you the story behind Pizza? Where was it found and how?
People believe Pizza was originally found in Naples, Italy. It was invented through the addition of tomatoes on flatbread. During those days, the poor used to top flatbreads with tomatoes which lead to the creation of pizzas.
Pizzas have so much to do with Italy; therefore, the urge of eating Italian Pizza increases quickly. A mandatory point while making pizza is to know the right recipe. You can find the best one and enjoy your favorite food at home.
This recipe is for baking a pizza that can cater to the taste buds of four people at once.
- All-purpose flour – 560 g
- Dried yeast – 14 g
- Lukewarm water – 340 ml
- Sugar – 8 tsp
- Olive oil – 40 ml
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Onion – 1
- Canned tomato puree – 500 ml
- Buffalo mozzarella – 250 g
- Arugula leaves – 40 g
- Parma ham – 200 g
- Figs – 6
- Salt – To Taste
- Pepper – For Toppings
Keep extra flour for surface work and make sure to find all ingredients from a trustworthy grocery store. You can use the best restaurant coupon codes for getting hands-on with these ingredients.
Remember, a professionally made pizza with a mouth savoring taste requires necessary utensils. Baking it the right way can result like an original Italian pizza.
Gather a measuring cup, mixer, large bowl, spoons, knife, saucepan, baking tray, cutting board, parchment paper, oven, soup ladle, kitchen towel, and rolling pin.
Now, follow the steps below.
- For the dough, take a large bowl and add flour, sugar, and salt. Mix all of these to form a paste. Now, dissolve yeast in lukewarm water and add in the flour mixture.
- Add olive oil now and keep working on the mixture to form a dough. The dough becomes ready after it stops sticking to the sides of the bowl. Try to work the dough with your hands on a floured-surface for turning it even.
- Let the dough remain in the bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel. Leave it for approx two hours and allow the dough to double its size.
- Now, get your cutting board and a knife to dice garlic and onion for the sauce.
- Take a small saucepan, sauté the diced onion and garlic in vegetable oil unless it turns translucent. Now, pour the tomato puree and add a pinch of sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Leave the mixture in the sauce for approx seven minutes and allow it to reduce.
- Preheat the oven for approx ten minutes. Attach the parchment paper on the baking tray and roll the dough to at least 0.5cm thin. Place it on the lined baking tray.
- Spread the prepared tomato puree evenly on the dough.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into small pieces and lay it evenly on top of the puree now. Bake the pizza for approx twenty-five minutes in the oven until it turns golden brown.
- After baking is done, spread arugula leaves on the pizza along with Parma ham. Also, quarter the figs and evenly distribute them over the pizza. Serve perfectly and enjoy the food!
Pizzas are not hard to bake if you try. Use all the ingredients mentioned above and prepare a homemade Italian pizza quickly for the evening. Once you learn baking, move to other types of pizzas and enjoy the delicious tastes at home.