Homemade Goulash Soup Recipe
If you want to have soup as a restaurant taste, you can go for a homemade Goulash soup recipe. There are people who just love cooking but they are not able to get the easy recipe for it. Don’t worry! Here we are to help you and get you out of this problem. We did research and found a simple and easy recipe for a traditional Goulash soup recipe. Well, you can serve this soup at a party with your friends and family.
About Goulash Soup
Goulash soup is one of the traditional German soups. It is also called Mitternachtssuppe (midnight soup) as it is served at midnight on New Year’s Eve. Goulash soup originated from Hungary and then moved to other places. This soup is eaten in Central Europe and in other parts of Europe also. It is the most popular dish in Hungary as it is one of the national dishes of Hungary. Its beginning lines again to the ninth century to stews eaten through Hungarian shepherds.
Ingredients Of Homemade Goulash Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g stewing beef, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1½ tsp caraway seeds
- 3 tbsp sweet paprika
- 500ml beef stock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 baking potato, cut into cubes
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 400g can tomatoes
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- sprigs of parsley
Steps To Make Homemade Goulash Soup Recipe
Below we have outlined the steps of how to make a traditional Goulash soup recipe. Following these instructions will help you to cook an amazing soup with simple steps. You can serve this soup to your family and friends and make them feel awful.
- Trim the beef and reduce it into bite-sized chunks. In a big bowl, blend the flour with a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Add the red meat and toss so that every one of the chunks is dusted with flour.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a big frying pan and brown the red meat in small batches, placing every batch apart whilst you brown the next. Take care now no longer to crowd the pan or the red meat will steam in preference to brown.
- Meanwhile, warm a bit of oil in a big heavy-bottomed pan, and upload the onions, carrots, celery, purple pepper, and garlic. Cook lightly for approximately 10 mins till they begin to soften.
- Add the red meat, paprika, caraway seeds, tomato purée, and bay leaves, then pour withinside the red meat stock.
- Stir well, cowl the pan, and simmer for at least 1½ hours till the red meat is beginning to get tender. Add the potatoes and keep to simmer for some other 30 mins. Check the seasoning earlier than serving.
- Serve the soup in bowls with a beneficent swirl of soured cream and an excellent sprinkling of parsley.
With these steps, you can easily cook homemade Goulash soup recipes within 20 minutes. You just need to follow our instructions to prepare a delicate dish.
Also Read: Liver Dumpling Soup Recipe
How Do You Thicken Goulash Soup?
If you want to thicken the Homemade Goulash soup recipe, then you can read the below-mentioned steps. It will guide you to thicken Goulash soup easily.
- Dust the pork portions with flour and brown them in all aspects previous to including them in the gradual cooker.
- Add potatoes.
- My selected approach is to feature a cornstarch slurry (cornstarch blended with bloodless water) to the dish after it is executed, then retain it to prepare dinner until the cooking drinks thicken.
Preparation Tips To Cook Goulash Soup
- Use streaky meat from the shoulder or – even better – from the pork calf
- Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces, however now no longer too small
- Always fry the beef in quantities in order that there may be sufficient area withinside the pot or pan (rule of thumb: approximately 1/2 of a kilo of meat cubes in a five-liter pot)
- Let the pork stew (however now no longer boil) for at least 2 hours in order that it is miles quality and tender.
- Use lots of onions (approximately as a good deal as meat), they now no longer simplest provide flavor but additionally bind.
- Always upload a hint of acid to the Homemade Goulash soup recipe with purple wine, vinegar, or lemon zest.
What Food Goes Well With Homemade Goulash Soup Recipe?
There are different foods that you can serve with Goulash soup such as Cabbage rolls, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Spaetzle Dumplings, Cornbread, and more. These foods will definitely go well. We would suggest you try this at least once.
What Vegetable Goes With Hungarian Goulash?
With the Hungarian Goulash soup recipe, you can get Roasted sweet potatoes, Italian Salad, and Roasted Brocolli. It will make a great homemade Goulash soup recipe with vegetables.
What Is The Difference Between Goulash And Goulash Soup?
The thickness is the maximum differentiation between a goulash soup and a goulash stew. Less water is brought to a goulash stew than to a goulash soup. A Hungarian Goulash Soup recipe is made with beef, pork, or veal.