Cinnamon Walnut Scones | Low Carb Cinnamon Walnut Scones Recipe
What better way to start your day than a strong cup of coffee and a warm cinnamon walnut scone? These scones are light, comforting, and so easy to make. I like to whip up a batch on Saturday morning (which doesn’t take long) and eat have scones for breakfasts and snacks throughout the week. I love the smell of sugar and cinnamon wafting through the house- it always puts me in a great mood!
You’re going to love these scones because of how easy they are to make. You don’t have to knead or even roll the dough, plus most of the ingredients are kitchen staples you likely have lying around. (I typically have 3 bags of walnuts tucked in the back of my kitchen cabinets with unused nuts at the bottom, so this recipe is a good way to get rid of them!).
How do you like to eat your scones- plain or with butter, jam, or jelly? I love eating these with candy apple jam. Cinnamon and apple always make a delicious pairing, and these cinnamon walnut scones topped with candy apple jam are simply divine. Together they make an I’m-not-even-cranky-it’s-morning type of breakfast!
Quick Recipe to Make Low Carb Cinnamon Walnut Scones
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 & 1/4 cup cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup & 1 tsp. white sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Yields 8 servings.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt and eggs. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, combine 2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Cut in butter by 1/2 tablespoons and mix at low speed until butter forms into pea-size shapes.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in 3/4 cup walnuts. Stir in the yogurt mixture until just incorporated.
- Sprinkle surface with 1/4 cup flour. With hands shape dough into ball, place on a floured surface, and flatten to circle with an 8-inch diameter. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. sugar and 1/4 cup walnuts. Cut into 8 triangles with a sharp knife. Transfer to a baking sheet. Cook in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until scones are light golden brown.
So, let’s kick off the weekend with homemade cinnamon walnut scones! Because you know what they say- breakfast is the most
important scone appropriate meal of the day. Tell me how much you liked these scones in the comments.