3 Minute Spinach Vegetarian Quesadillas Quick Recipe
I don’t remember learning to make quesadillas. As a Texan, Tex-Mex is kinda in my DNA, and I’ve been making Tex-Mex staples, like quesadillas, for a long time. I love homemade quesadillas, and my favorite kind is vegetarian. If you don’t like eating vegetables, learn this best vegetarian quesadillas. I suspect you’ll have a change of heart.
How to make vegetarian quesadillas at home?
This is a triple vegetable (mushroom/green bell pepper/spinach) quesadilla recipe that yields 2 servings. If you’re feeding a family of 4, just double the recipe. This one going to be your favorite healthy vegetarian quesadillas ever. Before getting started, you’ll need homemade Taco Seasoning or another quality taco seasoning. I prefer eating quesadillas for lunch, but they make a good dinner entree too. Serve with beans and rice if using as an entree.
- cooking spray
- 2-8 inch whole wheat tortillas
- 8 oz. mushroom, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 package 8 oz. fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning recipe
- 1 cup Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded (divided)
- salsa & sour cream (optional)
- Put a large pan on medium/high heat. Once heated, lightly spray the pan with cooking spray and add mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes, then add bell peppers. Cook until bell peppers are slightly tender (roughly 3 to 5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add spinach. Cook until spinach wilts (less than 2 minutes). Stir in taco seasoning. Remove vegetables from pan and place in a medium bowl.
- Turn the burner up to high heat. Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray and place 1 tortilla in center. Wait 15 seconds, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese onto the entire tortilla. When cheese melts, add half of the vegetables onto half of tortilla. Using a spatula, fold quesadilla and press with a spatula. Flip quesadilla and press with a spatula. Remove quesadilla from pan, place on the plate, and cut into 4 pieces.
- Repeat step 2.
- Serve with salsa and dollop of sour cream (optional).
Tell me how much you like this dish. Did you make some twist in the recipe to make it better? Comment and share your opinion.